• Home
  • Map
  • Connect
  • About Me

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014

    Forgotten Heidelberg

    You probably thought that from the title, this post would bring some sort of new insight on some lost treasure or other, and it is! Well, to me anyway. This post was supposed to be published back in October, but somehow it got saved and overlooked. There isn't really a treasure, I am sorry. The treasure was my finding of the post. Here you are.
    My first trip to Heidelberg! One of the most beautiful cities that I have seen and one of the most amazing castles!!! It is a bit of a hike to the top, you can however, take a small train type transportation to the top. I decided to take the hike and I am so glad that I did. It was beautiful! It's just in the midst of the Fall season! The leaves are full of colour and laying all over the ground! I could write about it all day, but I will just leave you with the fact that if you're ever in Germany, you really need to make it one of your stops! This city is huge, and has every shop you could ever want when it comes to holiday shopping! I think I even managed to see a Pizza Hut and a Subway somewhere in there. Who would have thought? I believe that I managed to buy quite a few things including the first of the Harry Potter books in German, a new calendar, some Christmas presents, and a new watch! I think my favourite part of all of it were most definitely the castle and the cathedral. Now on to the castle!!!!
    Well worth the hike up there I think! Ta ta for now! Bis dann.

    1 comment: